I've just gotten myself straightened out and am on to Week 3. I think I emailed my blog address to the proper place to make the blog roll, but I'm not sure. I'll wait til my personal tutor in all things internet returns from work. My son Jeff has returned home to live for awhile from Orlando FL where he spent his 2 post college years working as first an ESL paraprofessional and then in security at Universal Studios. He was 18 months seizure free, but then suffered 3 in the process of returning home for my Mom's funeral in Detroit and moving back home to regroup. His intermittent ideopathic seizure disorder has prevented him from working in his desired field: criminal justice with the ICE or DEA or State Police and he missed his friends in PA, the seasons, etc. His plan is to stay with us, clear up Orlando debts, seek further medical treatment and another use for his major in Spanish and minor in Criminal Justice and perhaps another degree in Psych or Accounting. He's temporarily working at WalMart, so when he gets off work today, I'll ask him to confirm whether my email actually was sent. I'm leaving for Torch Lake in MI this weekend and while I'm there, I'll play around with Flicker more and maybe move on to Week 4. Such is the life of a Mom working on her first online course. For now, I think I'll go back to the blogroll and check out how my compatriots on the cohort are getting along. Maybe we can share battle stories.
8-14-08
It's taken awhile to get back to my blog...ah,summer! I worked with Jeff when I followed the directions for establishing my blog and avatar (I swear those directions weren't there the first time I tried!) As you can see, I got the blog up and running, but couldn't get my avatar to export following the directions given. I couldn't save my avatar and when I followed the export directions, nothing happened. It wouldn't work for Jeff either. His friend, who happened to be visiting (my good fortune), suggested we get around the problem by saving the avatar to the desktop and then importing it to my blog. Voila! That worked. I'm always surprised at how gracious my younger sources of help are despite our significant age difference!
I enjoyed creating my avatar and found the directions easy to follow. I would have liked to use more than one country flag to more closely show my ethnic heritage, but that's life. It also would have been helpful to have more than 1 body image to select. At 60, I'm just not as slim as the avatar! It was fun, though, giving her my eye color and hair style and placing her in the library background. I like the idea of an avatar to add a sense of identity to a blog.
I also had to go back and correctly label my posts as directed and learned to edit posts!
On to Week 3!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment