Friday, July 11, 2008
Week 1 Exercise 1 Easist/hardest Habits
The easiest of the 7 1/2 Habits for me is to begin with an end in mind. To me, it's pretty obvious to start with a goal, but then the hardest Habit rears its ugly head. I must admit I've been struggling with the problem of seeing problems as crises rather than simply challenges. It's just my nature. Especially when working with students, I want to maximize my time with them since I know they always have much to do and it can take them so much time organizing, that they have little time left for the task. I must mentally shake myself because I must be calm in order to help, then I just take a deep breath, smile, listen and begin to help them think. Together we refine what they really need to do as we go along. It's really important to me that students develop self-reliance and confidence in approaching problems and to see them as challenges. I want to help them to do that as best I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment